Saturday, May 14, 2011

Vox AC4TVH & V112TV - Considering my recording Amp series

I've been looking at getting a new amp. The fact of the matter is I sold my 70's Fender Bassman a couple years back. I was leaving the country and diddnt think I would miss it as much as I do. I am beginning to consider a new approach to my amplifier setup. My days of jamming on stage are over and the idea of dragging a big ass stack everywhere to impress the crowd just seems stupid to me now. I am not interested in Marshall stacks anymore. I want a recording solution.  I do have quite a lot of experience with recording guitars and generally find that the best sounds come out of a single 12 or 10 inch driver, specifically a Celestion G12 Greenback. So, wouldn't it be a good idea to buy a single 1X12 cab and then buy a selection of relatively low watt heads for some tonal variation.

It seems that low watt valve amps are becoming more popular these days. With Fenders Champion 600 combo and the Vox AC4TVH head. Huge Amps are not needed in the studio and with a lower wattage I can drive my amp a little without blowing the room off my live room. For me it provides a more controlled and focused sound. And a small head/Cab combo kit would be fantastic for some quality tones in the studio and bedroom. Small valve heads have received a lot of interest lately with the release of the Orange Tiny Terror and the Vox Night Train series. The AC4 is a 4 Watt RMS option that is a bit cheaper than the Night Train series and Boasts single 12AX7 on the pre stage and an EL84 on the power stage.



Vox AC4TVH specs 

  • Affordable all-tube design
  • Switchable output levels - 4 watt, 1 watt, 1/4 watt
  • Vintage Vox styling
  • External speaker output - matching 1x12" cabinet available
  • Controls: Tone, Volume, OP Level (4W, 1W, 1/4W)
  • In/Out Jacks: Input, External Speaker Jack 1/4")
  • Output: 4 Watt RMS 16-Ohm
  • Power cable included

0 comments:

Sections

Powered By Blogger